CAMPUS CODE OF CONDUCT (STUDENTS)
l. Students are expected to maintain the highest standards of discipline and dignified manner of behavior inside as
well as outside the College campus. They shall abide by the rules and regulations of the College and should act in
a way that highlights the discipline and esteem of the College.
2. A six day working schedule from Monday to Saturday is followed. Classes are scheduled from 9.00
a.m. to 4.10 p.m. for Morning Shift and 2:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. for evening shift.
3. All the students are expected to be present in the class well -within time and late coming will attract a fine of Rs
5. Late coming will also result in loss of attendance for the corresponding hour.
4. Students shall rise from their seats when the teacher enters the class room and remain standing till the teacher
takes her/his seat or they are allowed by the teacher to sit. Silence shall be observed during class hours.
5. Teachers shall be greeted appropriately with "Good Morning Sir/Madam/Miss" or "Good Afternoon
Sir/Madam/Miss" and a “Thank you Sir/Madam/Miss" when the teacher leaves the class room.
6. No student shall enter or leave the class room when the session is on without the permission of the teacher
7. Students having lab sessions in the FN or AN, have to report to the lab directly in time and they are not expected
to go to the class room.
8. In the events of Student seminars/project presentations etc., it is compulsory that all the students of the concerned
class be present for the entire session.
9. Students can leave the campus during class hours only after prior permission from the Principal, HoD, or the tutor
and after submitting written application.
10. All students shall leave the classes immediately after the termination of class hours. No students shall wander or
gather in verandah, corridor, and staircase etc. Do not spend much time in canteen, coffee shops etc.
11. All leave applications (Regular & Medical) shall be submitted in time, for sanction by HoD and concerned
teachers. Application for medical leave shall be accompanied by valid medical certificates.
12. Students shall come to the college in a decent formal dress/wearings. In addition, female students may have a
blazer over their shirts. Besides those who are in laboratories shall wear their respective lab-coat.
13. Students violating the dress code will attract a fine of Rs 100 and repetition of this could result in suspension from
14. All the students are expected to attend all college functions and activities keeping discipline and
decorum of the college unless otherwise specified.
15. All the students shall wear their identity cards, well displayed. Identity badge is a public document and
any teaching staff and non-teaching staff shall have the right to peruse it. Denial of that alone invites
16. Students visiting field trips/tours/job fairs/ can avail relaxation in dress code by producing a letter of
intention certified by their parent/guardian. The student will be issued with a permission token to be
kept along with the ID card to be shown to the authorities on demand during the period of dress code
17. All kinds of tattooing, body piercing, hair styling etc. that goes against the existing social norms and
which could go against the spirit of institutional academic values will be referred to the discipline
18. Any incident of violation noticed within the campus will attract a fine of Rs.100 and could initiate
further disciplinary actions.
19. As per the Govt. order, students shall not bring powered vehicles inside the campus.
20. Students are expected to maintain silence in the academic buildings to maintain the decorum and, any
deviant behavior such as hooting, whistling, loitering etc. will be treated as an instance of indiscipline.
21. For independent study, students are expected to use the class rooms, library or the demarcated areas of
the academic building and shall not resort to sitting in staircases or circulation areas where they could
interfere with the free movement.
22. Students are encouraged to make use of the library, common computing facilities and to involve in
professional body activities or any program authorized by the college beyond class hours.
23. Access to academic buildings beyond the above timing and on holidays without written permission
from the concerned HoD will be treated as a case of indiscipline.
24. All the students are advised to follow the Institutional Mobile phone policy and bring to the notice of
the authorities violations if any.
25. Accessing Social Networking Sites such as Facebook, Twitter etc. is prohibited within the college
26. Keep the campus neat and clean. Do not put any waste anywhere in the campus except in the waste
baskets kept/Dustbins. Any violation of this shall invite a minimum fine of Rs. 100/-.
27. Use of Plastic Bags/covers and Plastic made crockeries are totally banned in the campus. Any violation
of this rule is subject to heavy penalty.
28. Consumption of intoxicants / psychotropic substances in any form or smoking or using chewinggum,
pan masala etc. are strictly prohibited.
29. It is strongly advised to refrain from activities such as scribbling or noting on walls, door or
furniture which could deface the college and destroy the academic ambiance.
30. Carefully handle the furniture, equipments, fixtures and appliances of the college and lab.
Careless handling/misuse of the above could result personal injuries or damage to property Follow
safety precautions near moving machines and electrical installations. In the event of damage of
property, the responsible students will have to bear the cost of replacement/repair with fine.
31. Students are not permitted to arrange any unauthorized celebrations and decorations of any
magnitude in the campus.
32. Students are not permitted to distribute or display (both physically and electronically) material
such as notices, banners, X'mas stars etc. in the campus without the permission of the competent
33. Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities
available to the optimum levels. This will certainly make them physically fit, academically
competent, mentally alert and socially sensitive.
34. Students who intend to represent the college in intercollegiate events shall take prior permission
from the concerned head of the department and the selection will be based on parameters such as
academic performance, attendance, character, existing academic pressure and competence of the
student in the proposed event for participation.
35. On duty leave applications will not be entertained beyond 10 working days from the actual date of
leave under any circumstance. The maximum number of on duty leave admissible is restricted to
10 days per semester.
36. During internal examinations students are not allowed to leave the hall within one hour from the
beginning of the exam, and students have to occupy the seat 15 minutes before the commencement
of the examination.
37. The third series test will be optional and the students, who desire to attend this, need to register
well in advance with the concerned tutor. The syllabus for third series shall be 3rd and 4th modules
from the university syllabus.
38. The College Union will be constituted as per the recommendations and approval of the Department
of Higher Education, Haryana.
39. Political activity in any form is not permitted in the College campus. Unauthorized meetings,
propaganda work, processions or fund collections are forbidden within the College, hostels, and
outside the college.
40. Harassing juniors, ill treatment to other fellow students or any such form of ragging is objectionable
and liable to be treated as criminal offence by the law enforcing agencies as per the directives of
Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
41. Misbehavior towards girl students, use of threat or violence against members of the staff or fellow
students will be considered as very serious cases of misconduct.
42. Pay fees, bus-passes etc. in advance or in time, which will avoid fines.
43. Any violation of the above rules will invite penalty in the form of warning, fine, calling parents or
any course of corrective measure as found suitable by any staff member or higher authority.
44. In case of any instance of non-compliance of existing rules or any observed matter/behavior that
deviates from the vision and mission of the Institution, all the staff members are empowered to
initiate disciplinary procedure by filling in a standard form which in turn may lead to the constitution
of an enquiry committee and further proceedings.
Fine policy of Institution: The money collected from the students as fine on
instances of non-compliance with the rules and norms will be kept in Amalgamated
Fund of the college and will be utilized for purposes such as scholarship, student cocurricular
activities and renovation/maintenance in case of damage to property.
1 Mobile Phone Policy : Introduction
The purpose of this policy is to establish clear cut guidelines regarding the usage of mobile phones inside
the campus. This policy is applicable to all those who enter the campus.
2 Mobile Phone Policy
Realizing the importance of communication and the possible impact of mobile phone usage inside the campus, the
following guidelines are arrived at.
Students are not permitted to use mobile phones in the class rooms and during Lab hours.
Students appearing for examinations should not bring the mobile phones to the college.
Students carrying mobile phones to the college shall deposit the same at counter of Library during reading
hours and can collect the same after leaving the library.
The mobile phones shall be kept in silent mode while depositing in the designated place.
All the staff members are empowered to confiscate mobile phones found with students violating the rules.
Students violating the above rules will be fined an amount of Rs 100/- and the confiscated mobile phones
will be returned to the students only after the due assurance from parents.
Staff members are allowed to use mobile phones in their respective cabins/designated places.
|Sr.No||File Name||Uploaded Date||Download
Code of Ethics